Volunteers are the lifeblood of Australian Country Shows, and the Noosa Country Show is no exception. We do have the challenge of many people in our growing community not having rural roots, having moved here from larger towns and cities in search of a lifestyle that is the envy of just about anyone else in the world.
With this in mind, and deciding on our theme of "where town meets country", we would love to see more of the broader Noosa community become involved in the Society in general, but in the Noosa Country Show in particular.
There are many very specific areas in which we need help, including supporting the Volunteer team leader, as requested, with:
* Prep week: setting up for the show (indoors and outdoors) in the week leading up to the Show.
* Pack down after the Show (some physicality and stamina needed). This is a particular area of need.
* Volunteer Welfare: Ensuring that all Volunteers are relieved, and that appropriate food/drink is delivered to them at their posts throughout the days and night of the Show if they have long shifts, or for them to collect after shorter shifts(organisation and physicality needed).
* Roving photographer/s: Someone with a quality camera and experience capturing the vibe of an event, and loading these images to our Cloud photo library.
* Kitchen: Assisting in the preparation of (burgers, veggie burgers, cakes, tea/coffee - not sure what is offered) - days leading up to the Show.
* Kitchen: Sale of the above (4 hour shifts, mostly standing).
* Bar: Service and restocking (4 hour shifts, some physicality, under the guidance of RSA accredited member).
* Parking (standing/walking - some physicality required).
* Gates/tickets (standing/sitting - a bright and happy faces too welcome attendees, while selling tickets or checking pre-purchased tickets).
* [FOR 2021] Competitions Stewards and helpers, particularly needed in 2020 for Crafts and Junior Art categories
To show our appreciation, all volunteers will be given a Noosa Show Volunteer shirt, will be fed and watered at the end their shift, and of course have free entry to the Show on the day/s of their service. Most importantly, you will have our sincere gratitude.
We welcome volunteer expressions of interest to